CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Last Night's Dream

Last night I had a dream that my house was on fire. It was on the roof, but it didn't really seem to be spreading at all. It didn't really even seem to be causing any damage!

I am pretty sure I know the meaning of this dream. We're behind on all of our bills, and our situation is starting to feel completely hopeless. It's like we're completely consumed.

A couple of months ago, a lady at church (D) told me that she'd had a dream about me and my family, and she and I talked about it with another lady who we both believed could give us some insight. C is an intercessor, and she is one of those people who often receives a word from the Lord about a situation.

D had dreamed that she was at my house, and it was a house built right next to the water (not sure if it was lake or ocean--just a large body of water). There was a storm coming in, and it got violent. The waves crashed against the house, pounding really hard. We all feared that the windows would break and that the house would wash away. But when the storm was over, nothing was damaged. The foundation of the house was just the same...

The other lady (C) just smiled a very knowing smile and said she knew exactly what that meant, and she gave me a verse. Isaiah 43:2 says, "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze."

C said that we are about to go through a big storm, and that things are going to look very hopeless and very bad. But that when the storm is over, we will look as if it had never touched us. She instructed me to keep this verse handy, and to remind the Lord often that He promised us that He would see us through the storm unharmed. I was told to claim the promise that was given to me.

I feel like that's what my dream last night was about as well. The fire kept burning, but it didn't seem to be hurting anything. It was like flames were shooting from the roof, but it wasn't burning anything up. But that didn't make it any less scary when I was looking at it!

Mike and I talked about our situation last night right before I went to bed, so I prayed that I wouldn't have bad dreams. I seem to be have them after we've had those conversations! Usually it's something pretty scary, but I know those dreams are not from God!

There was a little more to the dream, but I didn't understand that part... I want to ask C about it next time I see her and see if she has any insight before I talk about it. :)

0 comments: