CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Imagination

When I picked up Delaney from school yesterday afternoon, we drove through the 4-way stop downtown on the way home. This is the part of down where the oldest buildings stand. They are built of bricks and/or cinder blocks, and one building in particular has some rusty-looking metal stars along the top of it. (For those who live here in Siloam, it is the building where Dr. Lewis's office is located.)

We were pulling up to the stop sign when she said, "Hey Mom, I think it would be really cool if those stars on the side of that building were big water sprinklers that could shoot water out of them. And if they worked with a lightswitch, you could turn them on so they could spray the building across the street if it was on fire. Don't you think that would be great, Mom? And then they could put them on all the buildings, and maybe there wouldn't be any more fires!"

She was so excited about her big idea that I almost laughed out loud! I just smiled and agreed that it sounded like a great idea.

I can't believe what a wild imagination she has sometimes. She comes up with some really crazy ideas like that one from yesterday afternoon... and I think I need to write more of them down!

0 comments: