CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lack of Sleep

Last night I went to a class at our church, and my mom came over to give the girls a bath and put them in bed.

Delaney is the easy one these days, which is a real change that's only happened lately.

Jenna was still awake when I got home at 9 pm. She kept telling Granny that she needed Mommy to rock her! So I rocked her for about 30 minutes, hoping she would go to sleep quickly because I had laundry to fold and a dishwasher full of clean dishes waiting to be put away...

I finally told her I was going to lay her down, and she begged to go to my bed. So I laid her down, telling her I would be back in a few minutes. At 10:45, I finally had to go to bed without finishing my chores because she kept hollering for me. I figured it was the only way to get her to sleep at this point!

I laid down and went to sleep quickly. I'm not even sure she was alseep when I drifted off.

This morning she woke me up at 4:55, asking for chocolate milk. I went ahead & got her some, hoping she would go back to sleep. It didn't happen!

I got up just before 6 to get in the shower because I wasn't going back to sleep with a toddler kicking me in the ribs.

She managed to wake her sister up at 6:25. Delaney usually gets up at 6:45 to be ready for school, so she didn't lose too much sleep. Thank goodness.

We took Delaney to school, and then off to pick up one of the kids I babysit... Jenna was asleep when we got back home. She's now been asleep for almost 2 1/2 hours in her bed. Hopefully she will be rested up after her nap, and I hope she will be ready for bed tonight!! Mommy's worn out!

1 comments:

agent713 said...

Oh yes. NOW she's sleeping. Don't you just love kids?