CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Praise the Lord--he kept my husband safe from the storm!

On Tuesday night, I was watching a mean and nasty storm that was ripping right through a part of the country that my husband was headed straight toward in the truck... It had passed through where we live in the early afternoon, but it seemed like it was just getting stronger and stronger. I was really worried about him, and I must have called him twenty times to check and make sure he was ok and knew where the storm was!

At one point, he told me that he and the other guy he was running with had just seen a tornado behind them. This was in Missouri, and they were headed east--same direction the storm was going. Their plan was to run along just north of the Tennessee border through Kentucky to Bowling Green.

I prayed that God would protect them. It's all I know to do in this kind of situation! I just prayed... I finally talked to him the next morning, and they had pulled over to stay for the night in Charleston, MO (which is just east of the MO/KY state line... Thank goodness they did!

On Wednesday, they drove on to their destination. Mike said that they went through town after town that was just flattened, completely taken out by tornadoes. He could have tried to drive right through the middle of all of that, but I'm so glad he listened when he felt the urge to pull over and stay put for the night. I believe that God was telling him that it wasn't safe.

Prayer works--I'm saying this for people who might be reading and may have some doubts. God protected my husband as well as his friend. He was safe, and I am so grateful! Praise God!!

0 comments: