CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 22, 2006

I'd drive all night (or all day, in our case!) Ugh!

My husband has driven me (or should I say that *I* have driven him) all around the country today... and he's tried to drive me crazy as well. lol

First we had to go to Big Cabin, OK (which is north of Pryor) to pick up our Peterbilt... It's been in the shop since Saturday, but it's finally fixed! Yea! Only $440 later, thank goodness--I was worried since it's been there so long!! Good thing Trace (our CAT certified mechanic) loves us so much. You know you've got it bad when you intentionally buy a truck with a CAT engine because you can't imagine going to a different mechanic!!

Next he decided we needed to go to Joplin Peterbilt to get a part for the sleeper. So I told him HE has to drive up there. I am now sorry because I thought I was going to wet my pants on the way. He drives like a maniac, and he has only driven the van once in the year since we bought it! Needless to say, I took over the driving as soon as he (finally!) stopped at the Peterbilt dealership in Joplin.
On the way there, Delaney informs us that we need to turn around because it's past her bedtime. It was only 6:15. "But it's already dark!" she says... Well, she managed to stay awake until we got about halfway home. And she jabbered constantly until she was asleep.

On the way home, we stopped for ice cream at Dairy Queen in Bella Vista... I haven't had DQ in a LONG time. It was heavenly... especially after a long day of driving, and using nearly an entire tank of gas in one day!

Whew! I think I'm ready for bed! (Too bad I'm not ready for Christmas!)

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Driving is so tiring. Glad you guys got the truck fixed and hopefully it will stay that way for a while.

i love DQ too. Wish we had one here.