CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Frustrated

Tonight I find myself frustrated. Several things have just stacked up through the day that have brought me to this point.

This morning I thought everything was going to be okay when Delaney decided to go without socks instead of wearing the ones that totally clashed with her outfit. Then she stepped on her skirt & it came down around her ankles. I tried REALLY hard not to laugh, but I could not contain myself! Poor kid. You know it's bad when your own mom laughs at you! I made her change to a different skirt.

I wento to 3 different places before I found a cake I thought to be suitable for the baby shower that my MM group is having tomorrow at my house. I suddenly remembered this fact around noon, and started to frantically pick up the clutter that has attacked my kitchen counters and table! It's mostly done. Now I just need to stay up til 3 am so that I can finish vacuuming and mopping and cleaning bathrooms...

Then I told Delaney she HAS to make her bed in the morning. She was not happy. Such is life, and seems to be normal around here these days. Delaney seems to be unhappy a lot lately. Nothing goes her way, and she is beginning to revert to temper tantrums. I've reverted back to my old ways of using my wooden spoon.

Delaney got a demerit at school today for talking out loud when it was supposed to be quiet. There goes her reward for the week.

Tomorrow night she is going to a birthday party for her friend Emily. It is a sleepover. I am becoming concerned for the safety and well-being (and possibly the sanity!) of this child's parents. ;) I'm sure they will have a great time, and she won't be too far from home in case I have to go and pick her up...

We went over to my parents' house to help my dad put lights on their tractor (it's a tradition--it's done every year at Christmas!). We got most of it done, then had pizza... My mom gave both girls a bath, which I though was nice--until she yelled at Delaney. Then Delaney started playing with their new puppy... Molly (puppy) bit Delaney's hand, and Delaney dropped her on the floor. My dad decided at that point that yelling at my child was a good idea. I decided that it was a very good time to get the heck outta there! Ugh. I am so frustrated with my dad. Stressed and tired or not, they should not be yelling at my children (that's my job! just kidding!)! I told my mom that while she was saying bye to the kids (they were in the car), and she acted like she had to hurry up and get back in the house. That's how my night has ended up--with me upset with my parents. Ugh. I hope someone will just read this and say a prayer for me.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Stacy I'm sorry you had a rough day, I pray today is better. I do understand how frustrating parents can be at times. However it is usually my husband that gets yelled at. Who is the shower for today? I have mixed feelings about the sleepover tonight, not sure what to do.

Our MM group is providing breakfast this morning and I signed up to bring 2 items, plus punch, plus a nativity set, plus I have clothing to distribute, hope I remember to load the kids too.

agent713 said...

I'm praying for you. Christmas is a stressful time never mind throwing family dramatics into it.
~Heidi