CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 08, 2006

I have a problem with gravel trucks who don't tarp their loads going down the highway. I was a couple of cars behind one a couple of months ago, when a big rock flew up & hit my windshield. It left a small ding on my hood on its way up (on my NEW VAN! Grrr...). There was a big chip, and it decided to start cracking yesterday. It was about 10 inches long!! But today really takes it. This morning, I was on my way back from taking Delaney to school, when the crack started to grow... it now goes almost the full width of my windshield! UGH!

So... all you gravel truck drivers out there, listen up! Tarp your load, please! That sign on the back of your trailer about staying back 100 feet isn't doing any good 'cause rocks BOUNCE off of pavement!

The worst part is that I have no idea how much it will cost to replace the windshield. We have a $250 deductible on our insurance, but I don't think it will be quite that much... And this time of year, the cattle aren't moving much... so the pay isn't great this time of year. But try telling that to the mortgage company, Chrysler credit and Peterbilt of Joplin. I've tried to explain why all our payments are late this month, but they just don't seem to be that understanding. Ugh. Where's the Christmas spirit, anyhow?

Boy... I needed that vent!! (So, thanks for reading!)

But if anyone happens to see money falling from the sky... could you please give me a call? ;) I'd really appreciate it!

0 comments: