CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 09, 2009

Strep had found its way to our house :(

Unfortunately, it's true. The school nurse called me about 1:30 this afternoon & said she had Delaney in her office with 102 temp and swollen tonsils. I knew then that we had been struck.

I called the doctor's office to make an appointment, quickly dried my hair (I had just washed it, thankfully!) and threw some clothes on Jenna, who was playing Wii in her jammies!

I picked Delaney up & we went directly to the doctor's office. When we got there, her temp was 101... and she had broken out all over in a rash! She tested positive for strep, so Dr. Alexander also checked Jenna's throat. It was red & her glands were swollen, so she just went ahead and wrote 2 prescriptions for antibiotics.

Delaney said she wanted pills because she's big enough to swallow them now... but when we got home from the pharmacy, she didn't know if she was going to get it down! Thankfully it went on down, and hopefully we'll finish up the bottle with no problems!

Mike had strep about a month ago, and it's been going around in all the schools in town... so it really was just a matter of time before it made its way to my kiddos. I'm just glad for Delaney's teacher, who noticed that she didn't look right and sent her to the nurse's office!

0 comments: