CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Money--it's the ultimate stressor!

Our Peterbilt spent its second day in the shop today. Mike went to OkCity to have the clutch and the transmission seal replaced. He doesn't trust anybody to work on our equipment or vehicles, and I'm positive that he has watched them like I hawk. He told me this afternoon he was ready to go and weld something for the guy because he didn't like the way the mechanic was doing it.

Why he is such a perfectionist with the truck is beyond me... he certainly doesn't do that with anything else! I mean... we put a light fixture above our kitchen bar a couple of months ago, and there's been a nail sticking out ever since. THAT doesn't seem to bother him so much. (Other than the nail, he did an excellent job & I do appreciate that he did it!)

So far this week, we have spent a lot of money (who knows how much, honestly!)... but have not yet made a dime. I'm a little irritated about it, but I have not said one word. I've been trying so hard to hold my tongue, to control my temper.

Yesterday I went to the chiropractor. I had been there about 5 minutes when he asked me what I was so stressed out about. I was there for an hour! Poor doc. Of course, I explained that I have no control over my husband's job, and I don't make any money that supports us in any way...

Money (or lack thereof) is the ultimate stressor. It's been blamed for so many things. Mike says there is always money to be made, but you have to be DOING something in order to make that true. It doesn't just fall out of the allergy trees--I mean oak trees--in our front yard. Of course he knows that, but I wish we could just agree on how to spend it.

So, here I am. Complaining. Venting. My neck is starting to hurt just thinking about it... I probably just need to make a big ol' chocolate cake and take a hot bath!

I just hope my husband doesn't read this. LOL!

0 comments: