CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tragedy sometimes makes us realize our own blessings

Earlier this week, a family in our little town lost a husband and father. I really didn't know them except in business dealings, but I thought they seemed like awfully nice people. The man was unloading a bulldozer from his trailer, and it fell on him and killed him. His 17-year-old son was there with him.

I feel so terribly sad for this family, even though I really don't know them. I can't even begin to imagine what the family is feeling--especially the son who was there with him at the time of the accident. I feel like they are going to need a lot of prayers and support to get through this. I don't even know them, and yet I want to do something--anything--to bring them some comfort.

There are just some days I feel like I am terribly blessed to wake up and see the sun in the morning and to play with my kids and talk to my husband. And if I make it alive to the end of the day to be able to put my kids to bed and go to sleep, I am even more blessed. Every day I am able to spend with my two little girls and my husband is such a gift!

I hope that anyone reading this will realize that your life is truly a gift from God--every moment, every breath. We never know when it's our time to go, and I want to know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I will be with my Savior for all eternity! So please don't go another minute unprepared for your last minute.

0 comments: