CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Feeling very burdened about many things

I don't understand what I'm feeling right now... I am feeling so incredibly burdened in my heart for the Steven Curtis Chapman family who lost their daughter, as well as the family in our town whose father was killed.

My bro & sil are adopting, and she has met the birth mother... they received news this week that birth mom has lost her job, and her best friend (also her roommate) has been diagnosed w/ terminal cancer, and had to move back home to let her parents take care of her... so birth mom is left alone, trying to figure out how to pay the full amount of rent with no job, and she's about 4 weeks from giving birth.

I feel such a burden for these situations that I am actually sick to my stomach. I feel pain in my body--for people I do not even know personally. I do not understand this at all... I've felt it before, but never quite this strong.

Our pastor & wife are on sabbatical, and we have had others filling in in their absence. Sis Kelly preached last night, and she gave a wonderful message about the storms we face in life... it was based on Isaiah 43:1-2. This was actually a verse given to me in prophecy several months back when I was facing my own personal storm.... but I could hardly even concentrate on her message because the family in our town was weighing so heavy on my heart and mind!

What is this that I'm experiencing? I feel like I need some kind of answers, but I don't really know exactly where to go to get them... Can somebody help me? What do I need to do? Is this some sort of spiritual gift I've been given? And if so, what do I do with it? I've been praying for these people, but somehow it doesn't seem enough...

I'm ready for my pastor's wife to come back... I need her advice and insight right now!

1 comments:

Tracy Kosofsky said...

Hugs to you, Stacy! Your heart just shines through in your posts. Tracy in FL