CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 07, 2007

Things I've learned since having children

* That a child will keep bugging you until you give in and give her what she asked for in the first place. (Please? Please? Pretty please?)

* That when two children take a bath together they can splash every last drop of water out of the bathtub. My two can soak the floor faster than I can get their hair washed.

* That kids always take their naps at the time of day that you need to do something outside the house.

* That spiders can appear out of nowhere and make a child scream a shrill scream, loud enough that it could wake the people on the other side of town.

* That childbirth doesn’t hurt like people go on about it. People talk about giving birth like it is the worst pain on earth. (However, having all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time may possibly be in that category.)

* That when your child hurts, so do you… possibly even more. And when her feelings get hurt, mom's ready to fight for her.

* That an airplane, a helicopter, a train or any vehicle with lights and a siren is considered entertainment.

* That it’s so much fun to blow bubbles inside the house! :-)

* That washing, brushing and fixing someone else’s hair isn’t as easy as the hair stylists make it look.

* That discipline can be so hard!

* That I would be scheduling my own activities around the activities of my children.

* That it’s really, really fun to remove all the couch cushions so that you can jump on the springy part underneath.

* That they would pick up my lack of neatness! (oops!)


*That just because I stay at home with my kids, people seem to think I have all the time in the world to do whatever I want.

* That being a mom is the best job on earth!

* That children are the most rewarding gift I could ever be given!!

0 comments: