CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 07, 2007

Update on Mike's wreck

I talked to Mike tonight, and the axle finally made it to the body shop where the rest of the truck is. Apparently it got there Wednesday, and he just hadn't told me! Men. lol!

Anyhow... the estimate to repair the truck is $42K. We only paid $25K for the truck, and we have it insured for $30K... Interesting, huh? So, will we get $30K? Will we get anything? I think we'll be lucky to get what we gave for the truck, but I feel like we deserve the full $42K plus 2 weeks' pay!! This has been such a mess. But I am trying (really hard!) not to walk around with the feeling that somebody owes me something.

I'm going to probably go to OKCity (about a 3-hr trip) on Tuesday to get Mike & clean out the Kenworth--there is a lot of paperwork and lots of his stuff still in it. And then we're off to buy another truck. We even have one picked out--it has a fresh overhaul, and it's even close to home!

This has been such a merry-go-round... and not one of those fun kind with all the pretty horses!! I am SO ready for all of this to be over with so that we can move on with our on little version of "normal...

0 comments: