CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Never a Dull Moment

Yesterday evening, we were all sitting in the living room watching "Deadliest Catch" on tv when we heard screaming. It scared me to death, and I ran straight to the window to see what was up.

The first thing I saw was the little girl who was screaming. She was standing next to her mommy, who was face down on the ground with her hands cuffed behind her back.

I was so engulfed in the little girl's screaming that I almost didn't notice the men standing next to the street wearing camo and toting machine guns. Yes, I said machine guns. I saw four of them. I tried to keep my cool and usher my children back to the living room to finish our tv show. They wanted to plaster themselves to the front windows instead.

It turns out that the taco stand that's been parking at the package store across the street is selling drugs. And apparently lotsof them--there were 3 grocery sacks laid out on the table that I assumed were the drugs & not Mexican takeout.

And the guys with machine guns? I still don't have any idea why they were there. But one of the guys in the taco stand darted off before they could catch him, so maybe they were looking for him?

I've never been to that taco stand, but I've thought more than once that it smelled pretty good. I've never walked across the street to the store, but I've thought about it when I needed milk. I've also very rarely seen a police officer drive in front of my house... but last night there were 7 right across the street, as well as a van full of armed men and some other unmarked SUVs and pickups that I couldn't identify.

The taco stand trailer left behind a police vehicle last night, and my husband smarted off and asked if I wanted to go to the Delaware County auction and buy it. I think not.

I had never seen anything like this before except on TV. It got me to wondering if we might see ourselves on COPS in the near future... ha ha.

That's the excitement at our house for the week. Hopefully it's over for a while... Seems we can't get a dull moment around here!

0 comments: