CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Battery Thief

Yesterday I took a pack of batteries in my bedroom to put some batteries in a flashlight for Mike. I used 3 of the batteries, and there were 6 left in the package. I laid it on my bathroom counter (which is outside the bathroom, in my bedroom).

Last night I noticed that the batteries were gone. Hmmm... Very curious! We racked our brains and searched last night and this morning for the batteries, hoping that Jenna wouldn't find them and put them in her mouth.

I told Mike that I was nearly convinced that someone had taken them (you know, like that troll that lives in the attic and makes the funny noises at night... and no, I haven't taken up drinking. lol!). I didn't feel like the kids would have left the empty package on the counter. They would have more likely thrown it on the floor or taken it with them!

I started to wonder if they had been flushed down the toilet. I was starting to feel battery-obsessed!

Then I decided to ask Jenna if she knew where they were. She kept saying no, and went looking through drawers and cabinets with me. Then finally she brought me her purse, unzipped it, and proceded to hand me 6 batteries, one at a time.

So, this story does have a happy ending, as the mystery of the battery thief has been solved. :)

0 comments: