CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

My hubby had 2 wisdom teeth pulled yesterday

Yesterday morning we went to the dentist so Mike could get a wisdom tooth pulled that has been bothering him for quite some time. The dentist cut and twisted and pulled for an hour, but the tooth didn't budge.

He referred us to an oral surgeon, and made us an appointment for 1:15 in Fayetteville.

Off we went. I couldn't drive fast enough, and Mike was in so much pain by the time we got there, we were both in tears! Thank goodness they got him in quick and it was no time before they had the tooth out. They also took out an impacted wisdom tooth directly above the bad one. $525 later, we were on our way back home.

Mike was given prescriptions for antibiotics and percoset. Wow. That percoset is powerful stuff. I don't remember it knocking me out (I know I had the same thing after I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out on the same day). He's barely conscious. Laying in the recliner, snoring--about 95% of the time since we got home yesterday afternoon. I'm beginning to wonder if I need to check his vitals, although he did wake up to eat scrambled eggs & take more meds this morning...

He can't drive while he's taking pescription pain meds (obviously not if they knock him out!)... so he's at home. The longer he lays there sleeping, the more I start to worry how we will pay the bills next week... I don't want to be that way! I just want him to feel better and be okay, first and foremost.

If you're reading this and you're so inclined... please say a prayer. Pray for Mike--that he will recover quickly. That he will feel better and the pain will go away. That his mouth will heal up quickly, and there will be no incidence of infection. And please pray that my mind will be eased. It's very hard for me not to worry!

0 comments: