CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Who am I?

Have you ever thought about who you are? Really?

I think I've taken on the identity of mother and wife, and I don't even know who I am on my own anymore... I'm so confused.

This is something that my pastor's wife and I talked about yesterday, and I realized that I have no idea who I am anymore. She asked me to write down a list of what I like, what I don't like, and who I am. I don't even know where to begin. I started making a list last night, and then realized that I don't even know if that is me! I feel a little bit lost... I don't even know myself anymore. How sad is that!?

I think I'm so used to taking care of kids all the time and concerning myself with what THEY like and don't like, that it doesn't even matter to me what I like or don't anymore. I've taken on their likes & dislikes... as well as my husband's.

You would think that as much time as I spend apart from Mike, I wouldn't have done that with him. But I think I have. I try to do things in the house like HE would like them. And I think I've just decided that I like it that way, too. Do I really? I don't even know. I think I spend a lot of time trying to be happy when I don't even know if I am...

If anyone out there happens to see someone who looks like me wandering around... can you please direct me to myself?

5 comments:

educ8or2000 said...

Aw Stacy...been there! I think it's time to put YOURSELF first for a bit. Just because you're a mom and a wife....Stacy is still in there! {hugs}

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Girl, I think we all pass through that phase several times throughout our lives. It reminds us to stop and do a self-checkup. We have to remember who we are, and to keep time for ourselves in the routine as well.

Who Stacy Is To Me...
Kind, loving, willing to help anyone at anytime or any cost.
A FABULOUS stamper/card-maker!!!
Beautiful, encouraging, thoughtful, tenderhearted woman/friend/mother. She loves being a mom and a wife and devotes her life to those jobs.

Let's meet for coffee/tea soon. Sometimes just some girl time/talk makes all the difference!!!

Stacy said...

Jerri, that would be wonderful... maybe I can "let go" long enough one day to let my mom have the kids a few hours, and we can get together.
Of course, we really need to get the kids together sometime, too! :)

Stacy said...

Oh! And I should definitely thank you for such a compliment!! :-D

Laura Boyer said...

Stacy, I know exactly how you feel. I feel like I am totally lost, haven't done anything I really wanted in life and don't know where to go from here. Hugs, I feel your confusion!

Laura in Texas (SS)