CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Confirmation--It's a great thing!

Sometimes I feel like I'm going about this parenting thing all wrong. I'm sure everyone feels that way sometimes!

Tonight, I went to a parent/teacher conference with my first-grade daughter's teacher. She's a wonderful lady, and I knew I liked her the first time I met her. :) She has been teaching for years, and she seems very calm and patient and loving toward the kids.

Well... I went into the room, half expecting to hear something about how Delaney doesn't pay attention. But she must save all that for home. LOL! The first thing that Mrs. J. said was, "I absolutely love having Delaney in my room. She is such a joy!" I immediately teared up, nodding my head in agreement. (I cry--it's just what I do!) She went on with, "She is absolutely the salt and light in the room." Now I'm trying to blot my eyes with a tissue so that my mascara doesn't run.... after all, I had put it on just for this, so I wanted it to last longer than 20 minutes!

Mrs. J said that she was reading a story to the class last week in which there was a little animal lost in the dark, and he was scared and alone. Delaney piped up and said, "Well! He doesn't need to be scared because Jesus is always there with him, and He will protect him!" That's it. I'm crying now. Yeah, I'm a little emotional... lol

She says a lot of things like that, according to her teacher. I can't even explain how proud that made me feel. I love when I get that little confirmation that what I'm doing with my kids IS the right thing. I know that she's getting a good foundation in her faith in God, but it's so good to hear that coming out in her.

Of course, at the conference we talked about her work a little too... she's at an accelerated reading level, and she gets to see the Discovery (gifted & talented) teacher a little more than the other kids in the class (they all go in 1st grade). She's missing a few math problems on occasion because of carelessness... so I probably need to talk with her again about paying attention before she writes down her answers.

I am so proud of my little girl. I've always known that she was put here for a special purpose... I can't wait to find out what God has in store for her.

0 comments: