CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 16, 2007

What a week it's been!

So… it’s been an interesting week.

I babysat a friend’s kids Mon, Tues & Wed afternoons… They’re good kids & no trouble at all, except that they want to eat constantly. LOL… but they’re fun. I think my girls enjoyed having 2 other girls to play with!

Wednesday was Valentine’s Day, not that anyone around here noticed. Delaney took her valentines to school and had a school party. And we went to church as usual on Wednesday night. Mike called during the day to tell me happy Valentine’s Day. No flowers, no card, nothing else. Just a phone call. This is my usual gift for just about every holiday, birthday, anniversary. *sigh* I just wish these things mattered to him. I truly do like to be spoiled, but he is so not a spoiler at all. I should be used to it after 8 ½ years of marriage, but it still kind of hurts my feelings.

Thursday I was sick. I mean, sick. When I woke up, I could hardly move. Everything hurt. I think my toenails were in pain. I had the chills so bad that my teeth chattered. I believe it’s the flu. Thank goodness for my mom—she came and got the girls and kept them until tonight. She had me call the doctor yesterday & ask for Tamiflu, and promptly picked it up at the pharmacy and delivered it to me. My entire day was spent on the couch. I tossed and turned, moaned and groaned… there was just no way to be comfortable. I think it was more painful than childbirth. Perhaps I have forgotten what childbirth truly feels like. ;)

I actually feel human today. I think I might survive. My girls are back at home… both are sleeping soundly in their beds.

I still don’t know yet if my dear husband will be home for the weekend (yeah, the same one who doesn’t think Valentine’s Day is important if you want to stay married)… He’s been out for 2 weeks already. I’m starting to think he has a death wish. Or perhaps a divorce wish.

Anyhow… that’s my exciting week… I hope everyone else out there has had a better week than me! I'm sort of glad it's the weekend... :)

0 comments: